The twenty-first century has given man many inventions and capabilities, new-fangled gadgets and devices that work mainly from the mains. The home of every inhabitant of the planet Earth today is literally full of a wide variety of devices that provide light and heat, help to cook food, wash clothes, keep perishable foods longer and even learn something new andto have fun. However, many have already noticed that paying for electricity can make a big "hole" in the family budget. It makes sense to learn how to save electricity in an apartment or private house to significantly reduce your monthly expenses, freeing up funds that can bespent for other purposes.
The main ways to save energy
The question of how to save electricity, especially in houses where electric stoves and electric water heaters are installed, constantly arises before consumers, especially in the current crisis situation of the country and world economies. Paying for the energy supply of a private house or even an ordinary average apartment occupies one of the leading places in the expenditures of the family budget for utility bills. Regardless of the stability or the real financial situation, savings are always important, because no one wants to throw money at the channel and this is absolutely the right decision. Let's see how experts and experts in their field offer to save energy.
Proper saving of electricity at home will significantly, almost three times, reduce the cost of paying for utilities, so it is worth taking this issue seriously. If it seems to you that turning off the lights in the room in time does not affect the overall result, it makes sense to just conduct an experiment and find out how much money you lost per month before you start paying attention to it.
There are three main methods of how to save electricity, around which revolve all the others that are their derivatives.
- The use of new technologies (purchase of household appliances, gadgets and other electrical appliances with increased level of economy), which may require significant financial investment.
- Competent use of electrical equipment.
- Theft of electricity from the state.
We will discuss the first two ways to save in our article in more detail, but it is recommended to abandon the third immediately, as jokes with the state can end badly and instead of saving, you will receive additional costs for fines and sometimes litigation.
Simple ways to save energy at home
Most people do not even imagine how much electricity this or that device, used regularly, "eats" in a month, so there is no understanding of how you can save. First of all, when you buy new devices and equipment, you should always understand what energy consumption there is, it is this indicator that will show what kind of electricity consumption it receives.
Approximate data for comparison
According to statistics, the main cost items are formed through the use of some basic electrical appliances, which are available in almost every household.
- Electric stoves can take from 20% to 30% of monthly consumption.
- The refrigerator is considered the most serious appliance, as it never shuts down, consuming about 30% of the electricity.
- Bulbs and other lighting fixtures "shake" about 16-19% of the total.
- The modern washing machine is gaining about 15%.
- Other household appliances and office equipment, including vacuum cleaners, dishwashers, computers, chargers, etc. , consume about 20% of the total electricity bill.
In this way, thanks to the competent and deliberate use of these devices, you can significantly reduce the cost of your family budget for this position. Let's take a closer look at how you can honestly and legally save on electricity and save your hard-earned money.
Let it be light!
Interestingly, many consumers do not think at all that a colossal amount of budget funds can be spent on lighting an apartment. It is optimal to buy household light bulbs that only the lazy have not heard of today. The government has even banned the production of conventional incandescent lamps for sale to ordinary citizens with a power of 100 watts or more. There is talk of the fact that 50-watt lamps will soon be outlawed, giving way to "housekeepers. " But it's not just LEDs and energy-saving light bulbs that will help save energy. There are some tips you should always follow.
- Turn off the lights when moving from one room to another. If this is difficult for you or there are very young children in the house who find it difficult to explain the essence, you can install special heat sensors. They will not cost much, but they will turn off the light as soon as the person leaves the room.
- Make sure there are multiple light sources in the room, depending on your needs, so that you don't constantly turn on the light that consumes the most.
- Hear in your nose that cleanliness is a guarantee not only of health but also of saving energy. Wash windows and chandeliers more often so that light can enter your apartment freely and unobstructed. According to research, the level of illumination with dirty windows has been reduced to 28-36%, which is a lot.
- When planning a renovation, make sure that the furniture and walls reflect more light. Light tones will help reflect up to 85%, and dark - only 10-13%.
People who have already taken advantage of just these tips say that this way you can save at least 10-15% of the bill without straining, and this is already quite a serious achievement.
Energy saving technology and its proper application
Another very effective method of saving electricity in a private house or apartment is to buy a new one, equipped with energy-saving systems, household appliances and other appliances for regular use. Modern energy-saving equipment is even marked in a special way, with letters from G to A +++. The first will consume a lot of energy, but in the case of the second the savings will be most significant.
It is worth choosing for yourself the most economical devices that will save you money. Also, don't be afraid to buy the latest in science and technology, such as induction hobs, ultra-economical washing machines or mica-thermal heaters. But that's not all, as all of these devices still need to be used properly to minimize costs.
- Always turn off all electrical appliances when you do not need them. They don't seem to work, but the small light on the panel is still on, which means the kilowatts are spinning slowly. If after a month such a waste is insignificant, then in a year it will become more impressive and when it is calculated after ten years, you will want to grab your head.
- If you have purchased a refrigerator that does not have a No Frost system, you will need to defrost it regularly. A good housewife knows that the more ice there is in the freezer, the more the device "pulls".
- Buy special cookware for electric stoves and also choose them so that the size of the bottom matches as close as possible to the burner. When cooking, always cover the pans with a lid and use a low to medium heat. This avoids heat loss and saves more than 10%.
- Do not overload the washing machine with too many things, it is better to divide the laundry in half, this will be more economical and the appliance will remain in better condition.
- Do not install the refrigerator next to a stove or heating appliances, otherwise energy consumption will increase significantly.
- Be sure to regularly remove scale that has formed on the walls of the kettle, as this will significantly extend the heating time of the water, which will increase consumption and increase the cost of electricity.
The most advanced users install in their houses or apartments not only infrared sensors, solar panels for heating, but even electrical outlets with a timer, where you can "stick" a TV or computer. Even if you fall asleep, such a "smart" contact will turn off the gadget and you will have to pay less for the light.
Two-tariff meter and street heating
Experts recommend those who can use high-energy appliances to install two-tariff electricity meters in their households. They allow you to pay the same rate during the day, and from 23: 00 to 7: 00 at a completely different, significantly reduced. It will not be difficult to wash or turn on the heater and dishwasher overnight, and the savings will be noticeable. The cost of such a device is significant and you will have to split by applying to the power grid department, but in just one year it will pay off and save you money.
- You can't "heat the street", that is, take care of the proper thermal insulation of a private house or apartment, change windows, insulate the walls, all this will bear fruit and you will have to spend less money on heating.
- Infrared heaters, which heat only that part of the living space where there is a living being, show up perfectly.
- The boiler does not always have to be maintained, although it all depends on the water consumption per day, that is, in fact on the number of people living in the house. Leaving or leaving for a long time, as well as at night, you can turn it off and on again in the morning.
- Set the optimal temperature of the water in the heater, do not maintain it maximum. Three or four times a year, the boiler must be cleaned of accumulated scale, which also significantly increases electricity consumption.
- Wash batteries and other heating devices regularly if they are powered by the mains, as dirt, dust and debris will significantly increase consumption and reduce efficiency.
Smart home system
The West has long promoted an innovative invention - the "Smart House" system, which significantly moves humanity forward into the future. An amazing system will help you easily save electricity in a private house and apartment, as you can install it anywhere and anytime. This invention includes the installation of various sensors and modern remote systems that will themselves regulate the level of lighting or heating, the temperature of the water supply, turning on and off the stove, computer, TV, dishwasher or air conditioner.
It is true that you will have to split up, but it is definitely worth it. Already a year later, you will fully recover the money spent and you will begin to notice how significant can be the confidence in the benefits of using new technologies and scientific progress in everyday life.